notmuch new: emails with BOM are ignored

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue May 27 16:34:35 PDT 2014

Andreas Amann <a.amann at ucc.ie> writes:

> Could this be a bug in notmuch? Possible emails with BOM are not "legal"
> anyhow, but in my opinion it would be better to simply ignore the BOM.
>
> I am using notmuch 0.18.

As of 0.18 notmuch is using the gmime mail parser exclusively. It could be a
bug/feature of the gmime library that it rejects such files.

I've tagged this as a wishlist bug / feature request for now, until
somebody has a chance to track down where exactly the issue is, and how
hard it would be to fix.