Github?

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu May 8 15:39:46 PDT 2014

Wael Nasreddine <wael.nasreddine at gmail.com> writes:

> I didn't see the previous email about it, thank you Jani for the link. It
> looks like you guys have your hands full and everything setup the way you
> like it, so here's what I'll do myself (if it's acceptable with you,
> otherwise I'll just remove everything):
>
> - Revert my changes (except for the CI)
> - Set a cron job to update the mirror hourly for the Github user wanting to
> fork.
> - Remove the Issues, Pull Request and the Wiki
> - Add a "mirror of .." to the description on top of the page
> - Manually update the contrib/ bindings/ as they change in here and maybe
> automate it later.
>
> For the automatic pusher, I'll have to skip the README changes.

I think the concensus among the devs is that if there is going to be a
"notmuch" organization on github then it should be owned by and
controlled by us.

I'm sure your intentions are good, but reasonable people can differ
about the best way to do things; in particular it makes no sense to me have
a mirror where the history has been rewritten, meaning that people can't
merge to or from the offical repo.

Of course what you do as your own github user is up to you.