Final call for news for 0.18

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Fri May 2 02:06:50 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 02 2014, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:
>

>>> Also NEWS for these changes are missing.
>>
>> Shouldn't the NEWS be written by the maintainers? In fact, aren't they
>> the ones that decide if something is worth mentioning in the NEWS or
>> not?
>>

> Hi Felipe;
>
> I guess for the Vim/ruby stuff you're best positioned to judge what is
> important.  We run a kind of pyramid scheme: people generally submit
> short summaries of their own user visible changes; this is the first
> release that I've written a short summary of that.

That said (by David) I'm happy w/ your revised patch set, provided you
also add a NEWS patch, on top of 'release' branch.

For writing NEWS patch: NEWS patches should be written by the one authoring
the corresponding change. And everyone else judges whether the NEWS are
good enough, and the iteration goes on. Finally unless NEWS are
satisfactionary, the patches in question are reverted from the repository >;D
I.e. ease the work of maintainers by providing relevant NEWS by the time of
release :D

Tomi