Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Feb 27 12:31:50 PST 2014

Not quite sure where to send a feature request, so I try to follow the
instructions for bug reporst.

I would like to be able to search for emails with content with a given
MIME type.  The latest use case I ran into was my need to locate Notes
and Exchange emails with text/calendar attachments, but I've also needed
to find application/pdf and application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
emails.

Please consider extending notmuch to be able to search for specific mime
types, for example using attachment:text/calendar or mime:text/calendar
or something like that.  Or perhaps just index up the mime content type
value, to allow me to search for "tag:attachment and text/calendar".

PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen