[WIP Patch 0/7] emacs: show tag changes in buffer

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 01:15:12 PST 2014

This verson is not intended for general use/review but so Austin can
see my attempt at integrating his regexp tag matching code into the
added/deleted code. However, of course, comments from anyone else are
gratefully received.

Patch 1/7 is basically Austin's patch
id:1392226351-31440-1-git-send-email-amdragon at mit.edu with a small
bugfix. Patches 2-7 are the updated version of
id:1390087855-26194-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com

There are three comments for Patch 4 (the key one of 2-7). First I use
(cons 'deleted/'added/nil tag) as the key for the hashtable
lookup. Secondly the deleted/added tag formatting is now applied on
top of the normal tag formatting (as suggested by Austin). Thirdly:
this has one slightly tricky corner case: a user could hide the tag
normally but want it shown when deleted. This has to be special cased
in the code the avoid applying e.g. propertize to the output of the
first stage formatting: namely nil. A possible alternative would be to
treat all empty-strings as "omit this tag" but I am not sure what
things like images look like to emacs.

Best wishes

Mark

Austin Clements (1):
  Make keys of notmuch-tag-formats regexps and use caching

Mark Walters (6):
  emacs: tag split customise option for format-tags into a widget
  emacs: tag: add customize for deleted/added tag formats
  emacs: show: mark tags changed since buffer loaded
  emacs: show: use orig-tags for tag display
  emacs: search: use orig-tags in search
  emacs: tree: use orig-tags in search

 emacs/notmuch-show.el |    6 +-
 emacs/notmuch-tree.el |    9 ++-