bash completion error with 0.17

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Sun Feb 2 02:44:17 PST 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014, Anand Buddhdev <arhbkb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> I've just discovered notmuch. I've installed version 0.17 on my Mac using
> Homebrew. I've also built a forked mutt with notmuch support, and I'm
> exploring setting up virtual folders, and keeping all mail in a single "All
> Mail" Maildir, with everything just tagged, a la Gmail :) I love it.
>
> I have one issue to report: when I type "notmuch" at the command-line and
> press tab, bash completion gives me the following error:
>
> $ notmuch -bash: _init_completion: command not found
>
> Looks like something is missing in the bash completion script. I'd
> appreciate if someone could make a patch.

You'll need the bash-completion package [1] too. I'm not sure about
versions, but likely reasonably recent.

The trivial "fix" patch would likely just check for the existence of
_init_completion, and refuse to complete without it. For anything
fancier, patches welcome...

BR,
Jani.

[1] http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/