Unexpected search results

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 28 14:44:31 PST 2014

Notmuch uses word-based indexing, not a sub-string indexing (think
Google, not grep), which is why your prefix searches didn't return
anything.  Based on your search results, it looks like the emails you
found were from "Demiurg HG <demiurghg at ...>".  from:demiurg returned
these results because it matched the name part of the from address, not
the email address itself (from:demiurghg would also have returned these
results, but by matching the email address).