notmuch-emacs bug report -- infinite looping trying to select next message

Michael Hudson-Doyle michael.hudson at canonical.com
Sun Jan 26 12:18:08 PST 2014

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:

> Michael Hudson-Doyle <michael.hudson at canonical.com> writes:
>
>> The attached gzipped mbox appears to trip up the emacs interface.  The
>> problem seems to come from the message with id
>> CAGNsrLCWv6=36q+q+5Hc_SzgdZ2ergeKkapT7T3xXvim=2cK+A at mail.gmail.com.
>>

> I can't reproduce this bug in current git, so I'm going to assume
> something fixed it in the intervening years.

I find the same.

> In particular our handling of error reporting for corrupted parts
> changed, so maybe that was it.

When I load up the thread that caused the problem I end up with this in
the buffer:

         [ message/external-body ]
         !!! Bodypart insert error: Couldn't find access type !!!
         [ text/plain ]

so I think it's pretty likely your guess is accurate.

> Thanks so much for including a test case with your bug report,

No problem, thanks for checking this ancient report!  (And thanks to
myself for including the message-id in the report...)

Cheers,
mwh