An Emacs Minor Mode to Mute Email Threads

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Tue Jan 21 08:27:47 PST 2014

Amadeusz Żołnowski <aidecoe at aidecoe.name> writes:

> The question is: should exclude_tags be used in context of killed/mute?
> This is just for skipping „inbox”, not for hiding them in all search
> results - at least IMHO.

For me I definitely want a muted thread to disappear in all searches. I
have at least three "inboxes" with sometimes overlapping content. But
yeah, if you don't want that, then you need some other approach than
exclude_tags. If I understand correctly, what you ask for also sounds
easily scriptable:

  % notmuch tag -inbox +muted -- $(notmuch search --output=threads tag:muted)

and of course that can be done in a post-new script or equivalent.