fix for failing tests with gmime 2.6.19

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Nov 16 15:00:47 PST 2013

Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:

> I agree with Daniel that the original series adds a whole lot of
> undesirable cruft to the test suite to get around one transient issue in
> one of the notmuch dependencies.  That doesn't seem like the best thing
> to do imho.  I would vote for this option instead, which doesn't modify
> the test suite and just skips the affected tests until the new gmime
> versions falls through everywhere.

FWIW, it does modify the test suite. The
patch-which-no-one-wrote-yet-but-probably-isn't-that-hard would have to
change the test suite to not treat skipped tests as errors.  I'm not
sure whether that's a harmless change or not. Missing prerequisites also
cause tests to be skipped, so in a sense this a change with more
repercussions.