Getting the right root mail of the thread

Jani Nikula jani at nikula.org
Sun Nov 3 13:28:51 PST 2013

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013, Jesse Rosenthal <jrosenthal at jhu.edu> wrote:
> The current behavior can be annoying, but the old behavior could make
> the MUA quite unusable in a number of circumstances. (And yes, an MUA
> that fails on reading mail from senders with bad emailing practices is
> unusable for me.)

I wouldn't have suggested changing the current default behaviour anyway,
but thanks for reminding us there are users depending on it!

> Maybe there should be a "show original subject" toggle? That wouldn't be
> too hard, though it would require another call to the library and
> regenerating the search results.

IMO the best approach would be including the first (or oldest, or
original) subject in the structured thread summary output, in addition
to the first matching subject that we have now.

BR,
Jani.