[BUG] Decryption fails if message was signed with an unknown key

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 24 16:14:22 PDT 2013

On 09/23/2013 07:23 PM, Simon Hirscher wrote:
> Now, in order for you to test that behavior I'm going to send you a
> signed and encrypted message because that should exactly reproduce the
> bug, as long as you don't import my key (id EBACABE5 /
> http://simonhirscher.de/public_key.asc) for signature verification.

message received and tested on debian jessie using notmuch 0.16-1, and i
did not see this misbehavior.

Simon, for future reference, you can also test this sort of thing
yourself by making multiple (phony) gpg homedirectories and notmuch
config files, and setting GNUPGHOME and NOTMUCH_CONFIG environment
variables appropriately.  I find this a pretty handy diagnostic approach.

	--dkg