OSX 10.6 support

Justin Pitts justinpitts at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 08:04:32 PDT 2013

Hello,

Recently, I attempted to update the OSX Homebrew package manager to notmuch
0.16. This version compiles without issue on my system, which is running
OSX 10.8.

I was informed by one of the Homebrew maintainers that 0.16 fails to
compile as-is on OSX 10.6 :
https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew/pull/22731#issuecomment-24896941

The options here are
1. Leave homebrew's version of notmuch at 0.15.2
2. Update notmuch there to 0.16, with the caveat that it will not build on
OSX 10.6
3. Update notmuch to 0.16, along with necessary changes to make it build on
OSX 10.6

I'd attempt #3, but I lack a 10.6 system to try that on.

Does anyone have a way to accomplish #3?

Barring that, is there any objection to #2?

Thank you,
Justin Pitts