wiki licensing

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Sep 7 07:24:37 PDT 2013

Hi All;

It has come to my attention that the material on the wiki is not
re-usable (e.g. as the basis for documents we ship with notmuch). I
propose two things:

1) That we license the material on the wiki under CC-BY-SA (for
compatibility with e.g. wikipedia) and GPL3+ (so it can be used in
notmuch docs). If people feel some more permissive license (MIT?)  would
be better, I don't care, as long as it is GPL3 compatible.

2) That we proceed incrementally, with individual contributors making
pages like

      http://notmuchmail.org/users/DavidBremner

When sufficient of such pages exist, we can license individual pages by
adding a link.

Alternatively, we can just make a thread on the mailing list, but I
thought it might be nice to keep everything in one place.