Links in email messages

Guyzmo guyzmo+notmuch at m0g.net
Mon Jul 15 13:11:31 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 03:34:26PM +1000, Bart Bunting wrote:
> Sorry if this is an obvious question...

    this is not obvious at all, your question lacks a lot of precisions.
You're asking the maling list which topic  is  notmuch  that  does email
indexing, and is not a MTA.

> I am having trouble activating links in emails.  I guess what I
> intuitively expect to happen is that if i hit enter on a link that it
> opens up using browse-url-at-point or similar.
> All that appears to happen is that the message I'm viewing collapses.
> I would also if possible like urls to be active in text messages as
> well.

 - what MTA (aka e-mail client) are you using?
 - what do you mean by "activating links"? Clicking on them? Or do you
   try to open them using your mind?

    Usually for text MTAs (such as mutt or afew), this is not their role
to handle url, but the graphical terminal emulator  to  handle  that. If
you use gnome-terminal, for example, it has a configuration to  help one
detect URLs in its buffer.

Cheers,

--
Guyzmo