How to find mails which are sent to 'undisclosed-recipients' ?

Vladimir Marek Vladimir.Marek at Oracle.COM
Mon Jul 15 05:53:28 PDT 2013

> > > I have some mail with this To header:
> > >
> > > To: Undisclosed recipients <Undisclosed recipients:;>
> > >
> > > I can find them with the search to:"Undisclosed recipients". Note the quotes.
> >
> > The To: line in my case looks like:
> >
> > To: undisclosed-recipients:;
>
> RFC822 group syntax!  Fascinating.  You're right that notmuch doesn't
> index group names, though I think it could with a small addition to
> _index_address_group.  It already descends into group addresses, it
> just currently ignores the group name.
>
> > And I'm not able to find it in any way. Maybe notmuch won't parse it as an
> > email and so won't store the To header to the database?
>
> I suspect it is indexing it.  The only thing notmuch requires is that
> the message be at least slightly well-formed and have either a From,
> Subject, or To header.  You can find the message's Message-ID header
> and try a search like
>
>   notmuch search id:<message-id>
>
> > Any idea if there is a way to dump what notmuch knows about given email?
>
> There's no easy way.  You can use Xapian's quest and delve tools to
> find the document ID and get the term list of a message, but this is a
> *very* low-level view of what notmuch knows.

Thank you for looking at this. At the moment I plugged procmail to my
setup to tag any such messages (sent to undisclosed recipients) with
appropriate tag.

Thank you
--
	Vlad