Searching with prefix :folder and --output=files

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 01:48:44 PDT 2013

Hello

This is the "expected" but, I agree, counter-intuitive result.

First notmuch finds all the *messages* that match your query (ie
which have an associated filename matching the folder: part of your
query) and then it returns all filenames for these messages.

I think that notmuch views a message (as determined by a message-id) as
a single object in its database (it assumes that all copies are
identical) so fixing this would not be easy.

Best wishes

Mark