Notmuch-Web 0.1.1

John Lenz lenz at math.uic.edu
Wed Jun 5 18:05:20 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am pleased to announce a new version of notmuch-web.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/notmuch-web
https://bitbucket.org/wuzzeb/notmuch-web

New features include:

* Layout changes to make the website workable on very small screens (my
  phone).
* Display text/html alternatives of messages, but at the moment only
  allow through div, p, br, and blockquote and ignore all other tags.
  This is primarily targeted at messages from gmail which send flowed
  mail with a text/html alternative.  I am considering allowing more html
  through, perhaps via a setting or something.
* Parse text messages as markdown and display the original message in one
  tab and the resulting html from markdown in another tab.  By default,
  the original message text is displayed but on small screens like my
  phone it is nice to switch to the tab with the html from markdown since
  it wraps on the small screen.
* Generate Message-IDs for sent messages.  The domain is by default
  looked up using gethostname(2) but there is a setting to override it.
* Various other minor bug fixes and changes.

For the next version, I am going to concentrate on improving the compose
form.  Compose works now, but several things like an address book are
missing.

John