converting notmuch email to 'TODO' entry in org-mode

David Belohrad david at belohrad.ch
Fri May 24 00:22:30 PDT 2013

Dear All,

i'm constantly facing a task: someone sends me an email to do
something, and I'm manually copying contents of email into org-mode
task using org-mode templates. The template itself only enters the
'default' todo line and when it was entered, but I'd like to copy the
contents of the email I'm currently in into that buffer.

This would allow me to get e.g. exchange meeting request and seamlessly
copy it into my agenda.

is there any way how to get 'current email' (not current thread)
contents into kill ring so I could write a small script to paste it into
org-mode template?

thanks

.d.