the future of notmuch-vim?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:58:00 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 03:09:39AM -0600, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> guyzmo wrote:
>
> > I  personnally  prefer a thousand times to use mutt-kz, alot as MUA,  and
> > vim  only  for writing mails.

[...]

> I've tried mutt-kz and alot, and I was utterly dissapointed by both.
>
> See how snappy and fast notmuch-vim-ruby is[1], alot is much worst in these
> respects.
>
> [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGD7IbZmnIs

I'm a mutt-kz user, and I am not a vim user.  That said, I agree with
you that both mutt-kz and alot can be slow to start.  Opening virtual
folders in mutt-kz is quite slow compared to regular maildirectories.
And there seems to be no solution yet.  For example you can see this
message from Karel:

<http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/mutt-kz/2013-April/000138.html>

--
Suvayu