notspam: a notmuch interface to spamassassin

Nicolas Pouillard np at nicolaspouillard.fr
Wed Mar 6 00:30:38 PST 2013

Quoting Jameson Graef Rollins (2013-03-06 07:43:12)
> Hey, folks.  I put together a little python program as an interface
> between notmuch and spamassassin (sa) that I thought others might be
> interested in:
>
> git://finestructure.net/notspam

Good idea!

[...]

> PS: if anyone has any suggestions for Bayesian classifiers better than
> sa I'm all ears.  I'm not so happy with sa at the moment.  It misses a
> lot more spam than I would like.  Maybe I just haven't tweaked it out
> yet, in which case if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve sa's
> classification I'm also all ears.

As a competitor there is afew [1] which internally uses dbacl.

As of  other spam  filters per  se, I  know my  previous boss  wrote one
called SpamOracle  [2]. The tool  itself seems  to not see  much changes
these days (2003). I  do not use it myself, however  I know people using
it [3] and its very likely that the software is good enough and does not
need much maintenance.

Supporting multiple  tools would be great  and having a nice  way to use
several at  the same time  would be  cool... thinking of  your interface
seems  to trivially  support this  by simply  running the  tool multiple
times.

Best regards,
-- NP

[1]: https://github.com/teythoon/afew