[Patch v2 1/4] nmbug: use dump --format=batch-tag

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Thu Feb 21 03:52:18 PST 2013

Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> writes:

> This patch series looks good to me (as far as I can understand, I did
> not find the "silly bug" in your previous patch...)

Compare :

+    print $notmuch $A_action.$TAGPREFIX.$pair->{tag}, " -- ",
+      'id:'.$pair->{id};

vs.

+    print $notmuch $D_action.$TAGPREFIX.$pair->{tag},
+      'id:'.$pair->{id};

I obviously did not test that version very well.

> Instead of mentioning that "calls are _not_ passed to shell" here,
> that could be briefly mentioned just before system() calls in the
> script -- and that definitely should not be 'At the moment' feature.

Sure, the "At the moment" is meant to modify "relies". In the next
patch, we stop relying on this feature of Perl.

> the system() function in perl(1) never pass execution through the
> shell in case the args are list more than one arg:

right. that's what I meant by "is a documented feature of perl's system
function"

So I think we mean to say the same thing here; but I could I add a
comment in this patch (to delete it in the next). Or maybe reword that
commit message somehow.