How to get thread id in emacs ui?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 07:18:45 PST 2013

Hello again Rainer,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 03:05:49PM +0100, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> On 18/02/13 14:36, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 02:21:30PM +0100, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> >>
> >> I am using notmuch in emacs, and I linkt from my notes in org mode to emails using the
> >> thread: id or the message id. Is there a possibility to get these from within emacs, or do I
> >> have to go to the cli from notmuch?
> >>

> > As far as I'm aware, org-notmuch does all that for you.
>
> Actually, you might be right. But then it seems, I somehow haven't loaded org-notmuch.el properly
> - - I guess I am miaaing something at this step.
>
> But it also seems that org-notmuch-search-store-link stores the search string and not the thread
> or message id?

AFAIU, it does that when you call org-store-link in a search buffer.  If
you do that in the message buffer, it stores the message id.

>From the search buffer:

[[notmuch-search:from:myfriend%2520is:inbox][Notmuch search: from:myfriend is:inbox]]

>From the message buffer:

[[notmuch:id:C8BF5B7C-6F2E-4754-B27D-A828D894B7EA at gmail.com][Email from Myfriend]]

Hope this helps,

--