How to get thread id in emacs ui?

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:09:17 PST 2013

On 18/02/13 15:03, David Bremner wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> writes:

>> Hi
>>
>> I am using notmuch in emacs, and I linkt from my notes in org mode to emails using the
>> thread: id or the message id. Is there a possibility to get these from within emacs, or do I
>> have to go to the cli from notmuch?
>>

> You want "c i"
>
> From NEWS for 0.15
>
> Support for stashing the thread id in show view
>
> Invoking `notmuch-show-stash-message-id` with a prefix argument stashes the (local and database
> specific) thread id of the current thread instead of the message id.

Thanks - that is what I was looking for.

> By the way, the library org-notmuch distributed with org-mode should make it easy to link into
> notmuch.

Then I probably haven't loaded org-notmuch properly? What do I have to put into my .emacs file to
load it properly?

> Be aware that thread id's are not preserved across dump-restore cycles, so it is safer to link
> to message-ids.

Thanks - important info - I'll use the message id then instead.

Cheers,

Rainer

- --
Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys.
(Germany)

Stellenbosch University
South Africa

Tel :       +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44