Search using email headers does not work

Tomi Ollila tomi.ollila at iki.fi
Fri Feb 15 00:27:30 PST 2013

On Tue, Feb 12 2013, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:

> Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> writes:
>>
>> It's embarrassing to me that I added this note to the notmuch TODO file
>> in October 2009 (and it's still there):
>>
>>     Add support for the user to specify custom headers to be indexed.
>
> One techicality is that we would presumeably want to support this both
> for access via the CLI and via libnotmuch (e.g. for the python
> bindings).  So there is the question of where to store the list of
> indexed headers; perhaps in Xapian metadata. Or is there some simpler
> solution?

BTW: how does clients using libnotmuch instead of CLI find the location
of mail store and Xapian database if those don't read the configuration
file used by CLI (and reference database.path there) ? :D

As the location of xapian database is known the location of mail store
and '.notmuch' directory is also known -- the '.notmuch' directory could
also contain some other dynamic information having accessor functions
in libnotmuch... (?)

Tomi