notmuch-mutt: Use of uninitialized value.

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Thu Feb 14 06:13:22 PST 2013

On 13-02-14 09:37am, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> More isolation for this kind of
> things in Mutt would definitely be welcome...

Maybe it’s time for an overhaul of the mutt configuration from the
ground up. I know, it’s “configure once and be done with it”, but it
took me two hard weeks to get that program up and running the way I want
(that’s even more time than I used on my 300+ line vimrc!).

I suppose it’s a documentation issue, too. One relies on blog entries
way too much, even to find out how to use multiple accounts (I’ve got
around 10).

Plus it still takes about 10 steps to configure a new account with
offlineimap, mutt and msmtp, there is nothing to automate this and
every config is different. Whoa.

For example:
Why does one have to spend two–four hours enabling pgp with the basic,
pre-configured commands?
Why is there no command that enables pgp with default sane gnupg values
that I assume 99.9% of mutt users use?
Why is the standard mailbox named “spooldir” and an easy explanation of
that is nowhere to be found in the official docs?
And the list goes on.

~Profpatsch

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on Archlinux.