notmuch-mutt: Use of uninitialized value.

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at upsilon.cc
Wed Feb 13 08:26:04 PST 2013

[ please keep the notmuch@ list in Cc:, so that others could help and/or
  benefit from the solution ... when we find one :-) ]

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:51:05PM +0100, Profpatsch wrote:
> > I'm sorry, but I still don't get it. What do you mean with "no mail"?
>
> Haha, sorry, that was misleading. I meant: It doesn’t work with any
> mail, even if it’s indexed by notmuch.

OK, I understand the problem now. Although I don't understand how it's
possible. Can you please do the following test:

- go on a mail, try <F9> on it to ensure it exhibit the bad behavior
  you've reported

- find out the Message-Id of that mail, e.g. "20130213095752.GA20009 at foobar"
  ('h' will show all the headers of the mail in Mutt, in case you're not
  seeing the Message-Id header by default)

- on a shell prompt, try:

    notmuch search --output=threads id:20130213095752.GA20009 at foobar

  with the appropriate message id for your case, preceded by "id:"

- it should give you something like

  thread:0000000000018bce

> Am I getting this right: I go to a mail in the index and when I hit F9
> it should show me the whole thread of that message? So I can get the
> whole picture, even if it already archived some of the older messages?

That's correct (as long as the archived messages are still part of
notmuch index), and it's working for quite a lot of people, hence I'm
eager to find out what's not working in your setup.

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .