[Spam-verdenking][english 100%] RE: Reply all - issue

Robert Mast beheerder at tekenbeetziekten.nl
Sat Feb 2 16:06:58 PST 2013

Thanks for the guidelines!

One answer I couldn't find under coding: Do you all develop with emacs/GDB or is there a more visual and intuitive IDE to code with and load/show the dependency-tree? I only debugged some C-code with emacs 15 years ago and feel quite clumsy to get emacs to function like a proper wysywig-IDE.

#4) naturally.

I like your last suggestion at #5) of the header-regexp and agree to first work on the design-issues left before coding:

@#6&#2&#3): I doubt whether I should tamper with threading heuristics at all at the level of /lib/database.cc. Does anyone know whether the MUA's using notmuch depend on thread-id's at the level of database.cc, or will MUA's respect the different threads coming from seeding lib/thread.cc/_notmuch_thread_create with all known messages except already processed messages as is done with notmuch_query_search_threads?

If I let lib/thread.cc/_notmuch_thread_create only 'eat' everything from 'match_set' for a stripped subject the 'seed'-message of another subject within the same thread will then lead to another created thread within the result set.

If I start coding this I can try the result with mutt-kz/notmuch and notmuch/emacs.

My aim with getting notmuch working well will be providing a base for reviving something like mail2forum for phpBB3 with mailcompression-capabilities to prevent for mailthreads to be copied in again and again with every mailed answer.

I think that can be accomplished by keeping the original mails as well and compress the forum-threads to sup-like threads (by hiding quoted e-mail).