gmail importer script

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 01:12:15 PST 2012

Quoting Jason A. Donenfeld (2012-12-11 07:06:22)
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason at zx2c4.com> wrote:
>

>     On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Patrick Totzke <patricktotzke at gmail.com>
>     wrote:
>
>         It would, but its nicer not to load ressources you're not gonna use.
>         Also, progressbar 2.2 seems to be the newest version you see on a
>         reasonably new debian/ubuntu install.. </nitpick>
>

>     I'll consider it.
>

> --silent or -s now silences stdout.

It seems to work, but i'm still waiting for the first run-through.

Downloading messages: 457 of 22831|

This takes ages. I hope it doesn't try to re-download all my messages everytime.

Another thing:
It seems that throughout its run, your script locks the notmuch database. This is particularly
annoying if you want to read/tag mails while waiting for a long sync-process. I think you only
really want to lock the index for a short time in the end.
Do you write to the index directly after a msg is downloaded?

/p