gmail importer script

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Dec 8 09:04:48 PST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Patrick Totzke <patricktotzke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have two new errors:

> ./gmail-notmuch.py -u patricktotzke at gmail.com -p mypwd ~/mail/gmail/
>
> I also tried with maildir param ~/mail/gmail/\[Google\ Mail\].All\ Mail
> as this is where my all-mail maildir is, and i also tried an absolute path, all the same result.
>
> If I point it to the root of my notmuch directory I get:

Pointing it at the root directory is what you want. In fact, I'm
removing the argument from the script and having it just get that from
the config. So the correct invocation will be:

./gmail-notmuch.py -u blabla -p password

>   File "./gmail-notmuch.py", line 147, in create_progressbar
>     return ProgressBar(maxval=total, widgets=[text + ": ", SimpleProgress(), Bar(), Percentage(), " ", ETA(), " ", FileTransferSpeed(unit="emails")])
> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'unit'

You're probably running with an old version of python-statusbar.

> BTW: I had to change the hardcoded "[Gmail]" to "[Google Mail]" for it to get that far.

Really? Are you in the UK? I'll have to do this dynamically using the
XLIST imap extension.