gmail importer script

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Sat Dec 8 05:15:26 PST 2012

> I actually prefer this approach, but I think it would be more useful to
> leave the syncing of the emails to a different program, and then just
> managing the labels / tags with your tool (which is notmuch territory). So
> the workflow would be:
> So, implementing the mail sync in this script would, as I see it, kind of
> reinventing the wheel.

You're misunderstanding me. Let me make it very clear what the script
does. Actually why don't you just read the source code? Please? Well,
anyway, here:

- It looks in gmail and asks it which messages gmail has
- It downloads those messages
- It applies gmail's labels to those messages as tags

The end.

Along the way it has some smart things to reduce redundant downloads.

For more information, consult the source code.