Many color per line in notuch emacs mode

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Tue Nov 27 02:29:32 PST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25 2012, kedals0 at gmail.com wrote:
> I can set color per line using notmuch-search-line-faces. But I would
> like to specify color per line field, i.e a color for date, another for
> authors for exemple.
>
> To do this, I would like to use a 3-tuple list for
> notmuch-search-line-faces:
> :type '(alist :key-type (string) :field (string) :value-type
> (custom-face-edit))
>
> The problem is function notmuch-search-color-line take a non structured
> line in args. Then it is needed to parse it to find out field.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to add a mecanism which permit to
> color a field during line building ?

Hi, Dal.  There are already configuration variables to color all the
individual fields in the search result.  See the following face
configuration variables:

notmuch-search-date
notmuch-search-count
notmuch-search-subject
notmuch-search-matching-authors
notmuch-search-non-matching-authors

The best way to configure this stuff is with the emacs configuration
interface: M-x customize-group notmuch-search

jamie.