Automatic suppression of non-duplicate messages

David Bremner david at tethera.net
Sat Nov 3 13:53:19 PDT 2012

Eirik Byrkjeflot Anonsen <eirik at eirikba.org> writes:

> That's not what I see.  If I search for a term that only appears in
> one of the "copies", none of the copies are included in the search
> result.

The offending code is at line 1813 of lib/database.cc; the message is
only indexed if the message-id is new.

It might be sensible to move _notmuch_message_index_file into the other
branch of the if, but even if that works fine, something more
sophisticated is needed for the call to
__notmuch_message_set_header_values; the invariant that each message has
a single subject seems reasonable.

Offhand I'm not sure of a good method of automatically deciding what is
the same message (with e.g. headers and footer text added by a mailing
list).