[ANN] notmuch-labeler: Improves notmuch way of displaying labels

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:43:52 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM, David Bremner <david at tethera.net> wrote:
> It seeems like a nice UI enchancement, and people would not have to use
> it if they didn't like it, so in principle I guess we should work
> towards integrating it into notmuch upstream.

does anyone else agrees? Should I spend time on that or does nobody care?

> I'm not an elisp expert, but I did find it strange to use use defadvice
> on your own code. Maybe I'm just too conservative.

I let myself advise my own code only when no duplication is involved
and when the dependencies between the modules that contain the
function and its pieces of advice are well defined. I have no problem
using a different mechanism (such a function variable and calling
funcall) if integration into notmuch is desired but not defadvice.

> At some point we should probably get a patch series against notmuch
> mainline; I'll let other people comment on whether yes, now is the time
> (and thereby volunteering to review the patches ;).

Anyone interested in notmuch-labeler?
https://github.com/DamienCassou/notmuch-labeler (there are screenshots
there)

--