Searching from a folder

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 02:42:15 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Austin Clements <amdragon at mit.edu> wrote:
> $ notmuch search 'folder:"[Gmail].All Mail"'
> $ notmuch search 'folder:"[Gmail].Important"'

thank you very much, it indeed works. I'm still a bit puzzled by the
fact that, on my other mailbox, I'm getting the following results:

$ notmuch search 'folder:"[Gmail].Important"' | wc --lines
8928
$ notmuch search folder:[Gmail].Important | wc --lines
138

So, without using quoting, something is indeed happening. Do you know what?

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st