Searching from a folder

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 01:57:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

I can't make notmuch search return the list of mails in [Gmail]
folders for a particular mailbox:

~ $ notmuch search folder:"[Gmail].All Mail"
~ $ notmuch search folder:[Gmail].Important

but these folders actually contain emails. This works well for another
gmail mailbox I have. You can reproduce by using the following
configuration files (yes, the password is here, that's just a test
account, don't worry):

===================
~/.offlineimaprc
===================

[Account GmailTest]
localrepository = LocalGmailTest
remoterepository = RemoteGmailTest

[Repository LocalGmailTest]
type = Maildir
localfolders = /home/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Mail/GmailTest

[Repository RemoteGmailTest]
type = IMAP
remotehost = imap.gmail.com
remoteuser = damien.test.cassou at gmail.com
remotepass = babebibob
ssl = yes
cert_fingerprint = f3043dd689a2e7dddfbef82703a6c65ea9b634c1
maxconnections = 1
realdelete = no

===================
~/.notmuch-config
===================
[database]
path=/home/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Mail/GmailTest

[user]
name=Damien Cassou
primary_email=damien.test.cassou at gmail.com
other_email=#xxxxxx