[alot] announcing v0.3.3

Sepp Tannhuber sepp.tannhuber at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 10 10:55:00 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have been looking for a usable notmuch client for some time. Now I found the alot client
which seems to be the best for my needs. I have used mutt-kz so far. And here are some
questions:
1. As vi user I alway type gg/G to jump to the top/bottom. Is there a command that I can
   configure this way? I have not found a jump to top/bottom command in the manual.

2. Mutt has a nice feature, the Attach: pseudo header. It can be used to attach files from
   within the editor. I use this small vi macro to attach files:
     " mutt: insert attachment with ranger

     fun! RangerMuttAttach()
     if filereadable('/tmp/chosendir')
     silent !ranger --choosefiles=/tmp/chosenfiles --choosedir=/tmp/chosendir "$(cat /tmp/chosendir)"
     else
     silent !ranger --choosefiles=/tmp/chosenfiles --choosedir=/tmp/chosendir
     endif
     if filereadable('/tmp/chosenfiles')
     call append(3, map(readfile('/tmp/chosenfiles'), '"Attach: ".escape(v:val," \t\\")'))
     call system('rm /tmp/chosenfiles')
     endif
     redraw!
     endfun
     map <C-a> :call RangerMuttAttach()<CR>
     imap <C-a> <ESC>:call RangerMuttAttach()<CR>a
   I would like to use the same with alot. Is it possible?

3. I have followed the instructions to use abook for contact completion. I have used abook with mutt as well.
   So I have put these two lines in my config:
     [[[abook]]]
       type = abook
   But I did not find a way how to use it. Can anybody tell me?

Thanks in advance
Joseph