Bug (?) difference 24.1 and 23.3.1

Robert Horn rjhorn at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 3 06:41:24 PDT 2012

David Bremner <david at tethera.net> writes:
> There is some discussion in the thread starting at
> id:"1324309559-7993-1-git-send-email-dme at dme.org"; basically it seems to
> be a gnus bug, but maybe we should work around it some how.  It was
> supposed to be fixed upstream in gnus, but apparently not.

I can wait on gnus fixes, since I've got both 23.3.3 and 24.1 configured
to switch easily.  For most packages, I prefer to live on the official
releases rather than keep track of all the little updates.

It might be interesting to look at a more general fix that would manage
all kinds of parsing failures in the body view.  I've had some failures
with attached .ics files that result in the same kind of problem.  Most
of the viewing commands end up not working, but since "q" works that's
usually not a problem.  The problem seems to trigger when a mail
component that the viewer expects to display fails during parsing for
display.

R Horn
rjhorn at alum.mit.edu