adding emacs-snapshot as alternative to emacs

Dmitrijs Ledkovs xnox at debian.org
Fri Jun 22 03:32:57 PDT 2012

On 22/06/12 11:23, David Bremner wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <R.M.Krug at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> OK - I accept the reasoning behind not adding emacs-snapshot as an
>> alternative to the defaults.  But as I guess as quite a few are using
>> emacs-snapshot and notmuch, it would make sense to just add a patch to
>> the source which one could execute to add emacs-snapshot to the list
>> of alternative dependencies.

Similar request was declined by Debian maintainer as well.

As emacs-snapshot is a moving target, w.r.t. features, maybe we should
ask emacs-snaphost packaging to add

Provides: emacs22, emacs23, emacs24

And update those as necessary? Then no changes to all the external
package would be needed.

--
Regards,
Dmitrijs.