Any tips on emacs and different signatures per address

Michal Sojka sojkam1 at fel.cvut.cz
Wed Jun 13 23:33:50 PDT 2012

Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> writes:
> On Wed, Jun 13 2012, Svend Sorensen <svend at ciffer.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:16:16 +0300, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> wrote:
>>>
>>> could you write a wiki page about gnus-alias, like
>>> emacstips/gnus-alias.mdwn.
>>>
>>> That would be very useful.
>>>
>>> Tomi
>>
>> I've added information on gnus-alias to the emacstips page on the
>> notmuch wiki [1].
>>
>> http://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/
>
> Thanks, that was just something I needed to get started to look into it;
> I also added some more content around your stuff...

I also thank for the starting point. I experience a few problems,
though. Maybe, somebody can help me with them.

1. When replying and the selected identity has a signature, the
   "--text follows this line--" line is placed in between the quoted text
   and the signature. This would probably mean that the quoted text will
   become a part of message headers, which doesn't sound as a good
   thing.

2. The identity selection overrides the from address determined by
   "notmuch reply". Since I use a lot of email addresses I find notmuch
   reply behavior very useful and I only want to override the identity
   in a few special cases.

   Leaving gnus-alias-default-identity unset doesn't help, because it
   somehow breaks message setup code. Message buffer doesn't hide
   message-hidden-headers and the quoted text (in case of reply) is
   missing.

Regards,
-Michal