Can't compile notmuch-delivery

Justus Winter 4winter at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jun 1 15:49:09 PDT 2012

Quoting David Bremner (2012-06-01 20:46:59)
> Jameson Graef Rollins <jrollins at finestructure.net> writes:
>
> > I think the zeroth-order thing we have to do then is to have the build
> > include the bindings as well.  Then everyone will be able to see
> > immediately if the bindings are broken.  I wouldn't even make it an
> > option, or make it an option to exclude building the bindings rather
> > than to include.
>
> OK, I can agree with this. Can we get some help from the bindings
> maintainers (or other interested people) in getting this working?
> Probably configure should detect/decide what bindings to build.

I like the idea. The thing with the python bindings is that building
them wont detect any errors, one has to import the module. Quick and
dirty python oneliner that doesn't even require installing the
bindings:

teythoon at thinkbox ~/repos/notmuch (git)-[master] % ( export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$(pwd)/lib" ; cd bindings/python && python -c "import notmuch" )
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "notmuch/__init__.py", line 54, in <module>
    from .database import Database
  File "notmuch/database.py", line 46, in <module>
    class Database(object):
  File "notmuch/database.py", line 76, in Database
    _get_directory = nmlib.notmuch_database_get_directory_b0rked
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 378, in __getattr__
    func = self.__getitem__(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/__init__.py", line 383, in __getitem__
    func = self._FuncPtr((name_or_ordinal, self))
AttributeError: /home/teythoon/repos/notmuch/lib/libnotmuch.so.3: undefined symbol: notmuch_database_get_directory_b0rked

Justus