Can't compile notmuch-delivery

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 01:54:25 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila at iki.fi> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01 2012, Jostein Gogstad <jostein.gogstad at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm trying to compile notmuch-deliver, but after I get this error:
>>
>>   CC     main.o
>>   main.c: In function ‘main’:
>>   main.c:432: error: too few arguments to function ‘notmuch_database_open’
>>   make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
>>
>> Any ideas? Tried with the version that ships with 0.13, and the version
>> in HEAD (they seem similar though).
>
> Yes, commit 5fddc07d (*) changes notmuch_database_open() interface. Austin
> or Ali may fix that some day...
>
> .. or Someone Else(TM)... patches welcome :D

I'd say the one who breaks the API does the necessary changes in all
notmuch code, otherwise what's the point of having the code in the
same repo? This is how the Linux kernel does it.

I would be in favor of reverting these changes, and possibly put them
in a separate branch, until they are ready (as in all notmuch code
compiles).

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras