[Patch v2 0/3] emacs: allow show to colour based on tags and flags

Austin Clements amdragon at MIT.EDU
Sun Apr 29 16:02:20 PDT 2012

I haven't really looked at this series yet, but I do have a quick
high-level question.  Why use separate customization variables for the
colors in search and show mode?  Wouldn't it make more sense to set
the colors just once and use them in both modes?

BTW, I like how this clearly distinguishes tags and flags.  I wonder
if we could transition to flags for some information that's current
shoe-horned into tags but actually represents immutable information
about a message (attachment, signed, and encrypted or so).

My one concern is that there's a common tag called "flagged", so this
might be overloading terminology.

Quoth Mark Walters on Apr 29 at 11:48 pm: