.. regarding opening the attached files ...

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Mon Apr 16 10:03:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 16 2012, Jeremy Nickurak <not-much at trk.nickurak.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 09:19, Jameson Graef Rollins
> <jrollins at finestructure.net> wrote:
>> Also, when the cursor is on the button you can hit 'o' to open with
>> default mailcap app, 's' to save, and 'v' to view with a specified app.
>
> Is there any way of just getting it to ignore mailcap, and send
> everything to xdg-open? It's always bothered me that there are 2
> databases for file associations: mailcap (used only by Emacs, afaict),
> and the xdg/gnome configuration (used by everything else).

Yes, gnome is very obnoxious that way.  mailcap has been around *much*
longer than gnome.  There was really no reason for them to reinvent the
wheel.

Right now 'view part' command runs notmuch-show-view-part function,
which calls mm-display-part.  You might check in mm- config settings to
see if there's anything there you can tweak.

jamie.