How to decrypt multipart/encrypted parts in notmuch-emacs

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Apr 11 14:14:03 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 11 2012, Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Thanks for this suggestion.
>
> As I've responded to Daniel Kahn Gillmor in another message, it seems
> that I may have messed with my config, and gpg-agent may not have worked
> properly.
>
> That's now fixed, I think. See below.

That's great!  I'm glad you got it working.

On Wed, Apr 11 2012, Olivier Berger <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Oh, I've spotted why it fails.
>
> So : if I launch emacs (23) from bash running in gnome-terminal in my gnome
> (fallback) session, decryption works.
>
> If I use Alt+F2 to trigger gnome's launcher, and type emacs, then
> decryption won't work :-/
>
> Both emacses run in X, but they don't have same ancestry, which may
> explain why agent connection runs or not ?
>
> Bug, feature ?

I'm not sure what to say here, but it's almost certainly not a notmuch
issue.  It sounds like it may be related to your fairly complicated gpg
setup.  You might want to see what the GPG_AGENT_INFO environment
variable is in the two cases.

In any event, I'm glad you've got it sort of working.  Good luck!

jamie.