Notmuch not able to decrypt some GPG multipart/encrypted emails - Was: Re: How to decrypt multipart/encrypted parts in notmuch-emacs

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Wed Apr 11 13:46:23 PDT 2012

Hi.

Daniel Kahn Gillmor
<dkg at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On 04/11/2012 12:58 PM, Olivier Berger wrote:
>>
>> Dunno what happens. Anyone else ?
>
> Are you running gpg-agent?

I wasn't, but was using gnome's keyring daemon instead.

I have added 'use_agent' back in my ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, rebooted and can
now see gpg-agent running, and all seems much better.

> what do you get if you do:
>
>  gpg-connect-agent /bye
>
> (please include the return code)?

Works now, with $? == 0.

> if you are running on a debian or debian-derived system, do you have the
> gnupg-agent package installed?
>
> 	--dkg

Thanks for these hints : notmuch show --decrypt works now.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

P.S.: I have a somewhat special gpg setup, cause I'm wrapping it with a
script which tests its options and eventually add necessary bits to
access a crypted FS on a usb key... some that may have created some of a
mess in my GPG agent config :-/
--
Olivier BERGER
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF