bug in emacs reply code for References headers

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Wed Mar 28 14:41:27 PDT 2012

Hi, folks.  I just wanted to make people aware of a bug in the new reply
code (new JSON reply format) on the current master.

It appears that newlines are not placed after the References header is
inserted, which means that the User-Agent header gets concatenated at
the end of the References line, causing malformed References.  I have
been able to get around this by adding the newline in manually in the
reply buffer.  But it is easy to not notice, and the bug may destroy
subsequent threading.

Adam Wolfe Gordon, the original author of the new JSON reply code, was
made aware of this on IRC and I believe he is looking into the issue.
In any event, those using master and the emacs UI should aware of this
issue.

jamie.