Reply code with TEXT/PLAIN

Jameson Graef Rollins jrollins at finestructure.net
Mon Mar 26 08:21:21 PDT 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:19:50 -0600, Adam Wolfe Gordon <awg+notmuch at xvx.ca> wrote:
> A bit of Googling indicates that MIME types should be case insensitive
> (i.e. TEXT/PLAIN should match text/plain). Given this, I think it
> makes sense to change the emacs function regardless of whether it
> makes sense for the CLI to output them in lower-case.

Does it make sense for the cli to canonicalize the content types to
always be lower case?  Or should it continue to just pass the content
type exactly as it appears in the original message?  Given that
consumers should parse it case insensitively, it maybe doesn't matter,
but it might also be nice for us to be consistent.  Maybe it's just ok
as it is.

jamie.