[Patch v2 0/3] Add test and fix exclude bug

Mark Walters markwalters1009 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 05:26:51 PDT 2012

The test in the previous patches
id:"1331551914-28323-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009 at gmail.com"
triggered the bug accidentally. It accidentally set the exclude tags
to be "=" and "deleted" rather than just "deleted". The non-existent
"=" tag (i.e., the tag that does not occur anywhere in the Xapian
database) triggered the bug. First we correct the tests to just set
the "deleted" tag, then we add some tests including one with a
deliberately non-existent tag. Finally, we modify the exclusion code
to avoid the bug.

The modification also appears to fix a similar problem for jrollins
that I have not yet been able to reproduce.

Since the code is now more clearly correct, cleaner and we do
definitely avoid a Xapian bug I think these patches can be committed
even without knowing why it fixed jrollins' bug.

Finally these apply to current master (not to the --with-excluded series).

Best wishes

Mark

Mark Walters (3):
  test: the test for the exclude code mistakenly excludes the tag "="
  test: add tests for message only search
  lib: fix an exclude bug

 lib/query.cc |    5 +++--
 test/count   |    2 +-