Parsing regression with gmime-2.6?

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Mar 8 13:40:00 PST 2012

On 03/08/2012 04:32 PM, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote:

> I actually agree with this position.  mbox files are not proper email
> messages, so if gmime does not explicitly support parsing them then we
> really can't expect it to parse them.

i think the point here is that gmime used to support parsing them and
now it doesn't.

So if you've got a pre-existing notmuch index (built from when gmime
*did* parse them) and you're now running notmuch linked against a gmime
that *doesn't* parse them, then notmuch search will produce references
to messages that notmuch show can't produce output for.

While i appreciate wanting to be sure that we're working with
well-formed files, I don't have a good answer for what the right thing
to do is, if gmime upstream agrees with your assessment of the situation.

yuck,

	--dkg